Missing devs...

Anders Troback freebsd at troback.com
Sun May 28 13:54:00 PDT 2006

On Sun, 28 May 2006 16:25:58 +0100
Aren Olvalde Tyr <aren.tyr at gawab.com> wrote:

> Hi
> > So now to my question! How do I avoid this dual mounting?
>
> I have the same problem with my memory card reader.
>
> The necessary da1s1 device node slice for my SD memory card is not
> created until after it has been probed during the attempt to mount
> it. The only exception to this is if the card is already inserted
> when the system first boots up.
>
> Presumably there must be a way to automatically probe the USB
> device/card and create the slice so you can mount it when it is first
> inserted?
>
> I am wondering if /etc/usbd.conf would be of assistance here. Can you
> get the usbd daemon to automatically "probe" a device for filesystem
> slices during the "attach" stage?
>
> Aren.

Hi,

I have been using usbd.conf for a workaround. Maybe clumsy but it
works for me!

In my usbd.conf I have:

device "Sony Ericsson W810i"
   devname "umass[0-9]+"
   vendor  0x0fce
   product 0xe042
   attach "sleep 5 ; /sbin/mount -t msdos /dev/da1 /mnt ; /etc/rc.d/devfs restart"

As I said, this works for me but it seams to be a bit stupid that this
kind of workaround is needed...

Thanks for listening!!!

\\troback

How many Microsoft employees does it take to screw in a light bulb?
None, they declare darkness a new standard.