Strange pauses and cpu usage - FreeBSD 6.1

Shawn shawnh at f2s.com
Sun May 28 07:53:19 PDT 2006

OK, so I was using top to monitor what was going on inside the system
and I noticed that it was in fact xorg taking up all the cpu, no matter
what program actually was causing it. I searched around for nvidia
xorg.conf settings and found a few things.

I recompiled my kernel without agp and put the following in xorg.conf:

Option "NvAGP" "1"

And this has solved the problem completely. I have always used the
built in agp support when using linux (agpgart?) but doing this has
cured the ill mouse behaviour completely, and boosted glxgears a few
hundred fps.

Again, thanks for all the help!