bringing down and interface when system start

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Sat May 27 14:46:05 PDT 2006

On 5/27/06, Imran Imtiaz <imran at darkstar.thelakecity.com.pk> wrote:
> how can I bring down (disable) a network interface after the system start? what would I've to type in /etc/rc.conf file?

Do you mean disable it completely, or do you need to run some network
apps and then disable it?

To disable an interface completely put something like this in rc.conf:
--
ifconfig_<interface>="down"
--

Otherwise you will probably have to have your script do it's thing and
then disable the network, with "ifconfig <interface> down".

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--