kde applications start segfaulting following kppp use

Oliver Iberien odilist at sonic.net
Sat May 27 06:05:08 PDT 2006

I had kppd running for a while when broadband was down, and for the first time
on my FreeBSD box, the whole system locked up, on occasion. I don't know why
it was doing this, but usually when Konqueror was trying to load a website
(once something as innocuous as a Google search).

Now previously stable applications such as kmail and Konqueror will
occasionally segfault. I'm assuming that this and the kppp period are
connected, which may or not be true. Any ideas on how to approach this? I was
thinking of rebuilding kdebase.

Thanks,

Oliver