Problems booting operating system and with root password

Sam Speranini samsperanini at bellnet.ca
Fri May 26 13:21:31 PDT 2006

Thank you for the quick response and I will try booting up in single mode
for the root password issue.
One of our main boxes at boot up comes up with the error message below and
goes no further. It seems like the kernel is missing or got corrupted. The
box ran fine till yesterday morning when we noticed it was at this stage. Is
there anything that can be done to recover.

Press <Ctrl-E> for BMC Setup within 5 sec.....
No /boot/loader

FreeBSD /i386 boot
Default: 0:da(0,a)/kernel
boot: