Spam problem!

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Thu May 25 13:23:20 PDT 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 07:53:12AM -0700, Olga Zenkova wrote:
> I use sendmail 8.13.3 and gather full log of its work.
> I see such strings in it:
>
> <<< RCPT TO: user1 at domain.com
> <<< RCPT TO: user2 at domain.com
> <<< DATA
> <<< To: user3 at domain.com
>
> where user1, user2 - users names
> domain.com - domain name
>
> After that user1 and user2 get spam letters to their
> mailboxes with field "To: user3" in it. There are no
> user1 or user2 in this field. Is it possible to cut
> off these letters? Especially it is difficult to
> explain for user1 and user2 why they got letters
> addressed not for them.

I can advise you to use mail/spamass-milter for you mail server. If your
clients gain there mail though pop3 then you can use
mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin as a (getmail) filter. It realy realy good. I
only had one false positive once.

You can reject spammails if you like. Don't send bounce messages since
these will not end up with the spammers but those who abuse the email
adress.
--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howtos based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/