ndis with USB wifi dongle - no joy

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Wed May 24 06:31:42 PDT 2006

:
> Minor update, if anyone's interested - I've now tried it on freebsd 6.1,
> with the same result.

Windows NDIS device drivers work because the co-called Project Evil is
emulating the NDIS subsystem of Windows, effectively tricking these
drivers into believing they run under Windows.

However, to support Windows drivers for USB networking devices, would
require emulation of the USB subsystem in Windows as well. This is not
the case for FreeBSD today.

	Svein Halvor