Implementing IMAP advice for first timer

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Tue May 23 20:23:51 PDT 2006

FreeBSD-4.11

Well I want to get IMAP running on my FreeBSD box and would like to have a
safe, non service-interrupting strategy to implementing it.  I am leaning
toward installing cyrus imapd.  I have some questions about how to get things
working.

1)	Can somebody please recommend a good FAQ about how-to get IMAP running my
FreeBSD machine?
2)	Are there things I should be aware of before I start the process?
3)	I don’t completely understand how IMAP works – is there a good tutorial
about this subject?
4)	I don’t completely understand how local mail delivery will change – is
there a good tutorial about this subject?