webalizer and apache

Mathias Menzel-Nielsen matze at matzsoft.de
Mon May 22 09:44:08 PDT 2006

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>    I'm trying to get apache2 and webalizer to work together. So far all
> i'm getting in my output is "Can not parse oversized line" from
> webalizer. I'm assuming i don't have an apache log format set correctly,
> i've got combined format set in both apache and webalizer. I was
> wondering could i see your apache and webalizer log statements?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Hi

yes combined format is correct it should work if its declared.

see excerpt from my httpd.conf:

8<--8<--

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
  combined

CustomLog /var/log/httpd-access.log combined

8<--8<

the first line should be already present in your httpd.conf so simply
add the CustomLog line either at toplevel or in your virtualHost
directive and it should work

and my webalizer.conf :

8<--8<--

LogType clf

8<--8<

a typical clf-log-format entry looks like this:

xx.xx.xx.xxx - - [22/May/2006:18:35:25 +0200] "GET /foo HTTP/1.1" 404
293 "http://foohost/referer" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows
NT 5.1; de) Opera 8.50"

greetings
	Matze