clean reinstall all ports

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Sun May 21 12:48:33 PDT 2006

On May 21, 2006, at 12:50 PM, David Kelly wrote:

> On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 03:40:05AM -0400, Joe Auty wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I kind of messed up the permissions of my /usr/local directory. Is
>> there a way to clean install all ports? I notice that manually
>> reinstalling doesn't seem to correct all permission errors, which is
>> why doing some sort of clean reinstall that would produce squeaky
>> clean versions of all my ports would be great.
>>
>> Any way to do this?
>
> portupgrade -fa

Yeah, this is what I was using, but it doesn't seem to recreate
permissions properly... it just seems to inherit permissions from the
parent directory, although it sets permissions contained within the
directory where the files are installed properly.

I could be mistaken here though...

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org