setting host name during install?

SM X smx624 at gmail.com
Sat May 20 20:56:25 PDT 2006

For changing hostname (and/or IP), I found that the best way is to use
sysinstall and change it from there (Configure --> Networking -->
Interfaces --> "your NIC"), since that one will change not only
rc.conf file, but also the hosts file (so that your browser can
actually resolve name beastie in the http request), and potentially
resolv.conf (where your name server entries (not in your case, since
you are on DHCP, therefore you get the DNS server entries
automatically) are stored.

Obviously, the remedy in your case is to manually edit the hosts file
and assign the appropriate values there.

Or you can always just use http://localhost:3000 and that should work.
Hope this helps,
smx

P.S. I would not consider myself an expert, so , if I made any
mistakes above, hopefully others will alert us all about those. What I
can tell you is that I did try the procedure above several times and
it was working for me.