after upgrade from 6.0 to 6.1

Zimmerman, Eric Zimmerman.Eric at con-way.com
Sat May 20 13:31:08 PDT 2006

>Your procedure is almost identical to mine but I usually reboot after installing
>the new kernel, test it and then drop into single user mode to do the rest.
>The only exception is your step #7, I don't do it and wondering why you
>have it in there. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all along....
>
>-Yuri

i think thats out of the handbook if i recall.  here is the reference:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

under section 21.4.5

no issues so far. its just another way to get into single user mode after a reboot.

i do the kernel stuff in multiuser mode, all the other compiling in multiuser mode, and then drop to single user mode to installworld.

Eric