Webmin fails after last portupgrade

Pelle Andersson aknot at telia.com
Sat May 20 00:18:53 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Kinsey [mailto:kdk at daleco.biz]
Sent: den 20 maj 2006 01:42
To: Pelle Andersson
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Webmin fails after last portupgrade

Pelle Andersson wrote:
> Hello List!
> After the last portupgrade, Webmin is failing:
>
> freebsd410# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/./webmin.sh start
> Starting webmin.
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/auto/Authen/PAM/PAM.so:
> Undefined symbol "SvPV_nolen"
>

> ld-elf.so.1 exists:
> freebsd410# find /* -name ld-elf.so.1
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
>

> cd /usr/ports/sysutils/webmin && make deinstall && make reinstall clean
> (did not do the trick)
>

> uname -a:
> freebsd410# uname -a
> FreeBSD frodo.filmbetyg.nu 4.10-RELEASE-p23 FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p23 #10:
> Thu May 18 13:11:54 CEST 2006
> root at freebsd410:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FBOPTI i386
>

> Im not sure if this is a specific FreeBSD error, or a problem with Perl
(or
> other).
> Doesn't not know what "SvPV_nolen" is either. Googling does not make me
any
> smarter :-/
>
>Was this a complete portupgrade?  That perl looks quite old.
>
>Did you catch this in ports/UPDATING?
>
>  20050624:
>   AFFECTS: users of lang/perl5.8
>   AUTHOR: tobez at FreeBSD.org
>
>   lang/perl5.8 has been updated to 5.8.7.  You should update everything
>   depending on perl.  The easiest way to do that is to use
>   perl-after-upgrade script supplied with lang/perl5.8.  Please see
>   its manual page for details.
>

>HTH,
>
>Kevin Kinsey
>--
>Q:	How many marketing people does it take to change a lightbulb?
>A:	I'll have to get back to you on that.

Hi and thanks Kevin!

Im using Perl 5.005_03 (perl -v) on FBSD4.10.
I thought that Perl was part of the base system.
Is it possible to upgrade my installation, to
Perl 5.8.x, via ports?

Yes it was a full portupgrade. Did not saw the UPDATING
notes on Perl. Had some problem with PHP5 and must have
overlooked everything else.

TIA & BR > Pelle