Second if_ed Device

Cy Schubert Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Fri May 19 08:29:48 PDT 2006

Is there any way to enable a second ISA ed device, as in ed1 under 6.1? I
have two SMC 3c509-combo cards in the same machine. My device.hints file
contains:

hint.ed.0.at="isa"
hint.ed.0.disabled="0"
hint.ed.0.port="0x280"
hint.ed.0.irq="10"
hint.ed.0.maddr="0xd8000"
hint.ed.1.at="isa"
hint.ed.1.disabled="0"
hint.ed.1.port="0x240"
hint.ed.1.irq="5"
hint.ed.1.maddr="0xd4000"

It only sees the first device and when I do bring it online to use it the
system panics. I do recall having this problem a few years ago however I
did replace the device with a PCI version. (Of course a system here with
two PCI versions of the if_ed card works fine.) The last time this worked
was under 4.X (or was it 3.x, it's been so long I can't remember) using:

device          ed0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 10 iomem 0xd8000
device          ed1     at isa? port 0x240 irq 5  iomem 0xd4000

Any ideas?

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>