how to search keywords in all directories

jason zeng jason388600 at yahoo.ca
Thu May 18 12:22:14 PDT 2006

Hello!

  our system is runing on FreeBSD 5.3. using php+mysql. now I take over  codes(programs) management and maintains.there are a lots of .php code  and  Database tables. what I have now are database, tables structures, and just a few  programs description. so I don't know the relationship in these php  programs. I really need read these programs when sometime it has  something wrong.I have to do these troubleshooting.
    I want to know if there are some shortcut way to speed up my work.  there is a common program in my system that many others call it.the common.php hase  many classes and functions, for example, function displaySelect(), I  hope to find how many programs call this function and where these  programs are? how can I search them using Unix command (s)? What I know  is all php programs are at /usr/local/php/html directory.from there,  there are many sub-directories.
    THX a lot!
    Jason