Kids from Indonesia

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Wed May 17 11:42:54 PDT 2006

At Wed, 17 May 2006 it looks like Jerry McAllister composed:

> > Assalamu'alaikum Wr. Wb.
> > Hi there, I'm Dean Darmawan and still 18y/o. Well, i get interested with
> > Fedora 5, but the main problem are "can this distro Linux recognize my
> > internal modem 56k that I ussally use to get connected to the Internet?"
> > For that kind of reason, i got confuse and step back!! My modem now is
> > D-Link DFM-562IS HSFi PCI Modem. Thanx, best regard.

Here is a starter for you in regards to "Linux" and hardware
compatibility.  There used to be another list way back when that I
can't find now.

http://www.linux-drivers.org/

We used to all be glued to the modem compatibility lists and alot of
us found safe haven by getting (the now cheap) "external" modems.
Here are some examples.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?CatId=564

(Excuse me for being long winded on this, I did tech support for
Linuxcare for close to 5 years.)

--
Bill Schoolcraft | http://wiliweld.com

"If your life was full of nothing but