looking for torsmo program replacement

C.J. van Wandelen wanderingidea at casema.nl
Mon May 15 21:37:14 PDT 2006

I read this post, decided to try Conky instead of Torsmo and got the
segmentation fault too. Try the following as .conkyrc:

# ********************************* Begin *****************************
# set to yes if you want tormo to be forked in the background
background no

cpu_avg_samples 2
net_avg_samples 2

out_to_console no

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
#font 7x12
#font *mintsmild.se*

# Use Xft?
use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
xftfont Bitstream Vera Sans Mono:size=8

# Text alpha when using Xft
xftalpha 0.8

# mail spool
mail_spool $MAIL

# Update interval in seconds
update_interval 1
# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
own_window on

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
double_buffer yes

# MPD host/port
#mpd_host heaton
#mpd_port 6600

# Minimum size of text area
minimum_size 230 5
maximum_width 230

# Draw shades?
draw_shades no

# Draw outlines?
draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
stippled_borders 8

# border margins
border_margin 4

# border width
border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
default_color white
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color black

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
alignment top_left
#alignment top_right
#alignment bottom_left
#alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text
gap_x 23
gap_y 43

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
use_spacer no

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
uppercase no

#xmms_player xmms

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
TEXT
$nodename - $kernel
CPU: $cpu% ${alignr}${freq_dyn} Mhz
$cpubar
${cpugraph 25 ff0000 ff00ff}
Processes:$color $running_processes/$processes ${offset 6}Load:$color ${loadavg 3}
RAM:$color $memperc%${alignr}Swap:$color $swapperc%
Net: rl0
DOWN: ${downspeed rl0} k/s ${alignr}UP: ${upspeed rl0} k/s
${downspeedgraph rl0 25,100 ff0000 0000ff} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph rl0 25,100 0000ff ff0000}
TOTAL: ${totaldown rl0} ${alignr} TOTAL: ${totalup rl0}
FS: / $color${fs_used_perc /}% /home $color${fs_used_perc /home}% /var $color${fs_used_perc /var}% /boot $color${fs_used_perc /boot}%
${time %A, %d %B %Y}${alignr}${offset -22}${alignr}${time  %H:%M:%S}