In search of volunteers (was: "The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 15 21:42:06 UTC 2006

On Monday,  8 May 2006 at  9:33:46 -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:

>> i think the book is great, easy to read, helped me a lot and also
>> saved me a lot of time.  I hope you're gonna eventually write a new
>> edition that covers 6.* releases.
>
> Actually, by this time, I am hoping for a jump ahead that covers
> 7.xx as well as changes in 6.xx.  I was actually looking for the
> next edition to buy another when the announcement of putting it out
> free for download came out.

One of my hopes in releasing the sources was that some people would
volunteer to update the book.  I'm no longer able to do it by myself.
If you're interested, please contact me privately.

Greg