Overwite problem

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Mon May 15 06:03:11 PDT 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006 14:21:24 +0200
"Maan Jee" <maanjee at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hej
>
> I have installed ProFTP on my computer. And have following settings in the
> proftpd.conf file. But I am unable to overwrite on a file? What is the
> wrong?
>
> # Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
> <Directory /home/mjinitial/maanjee>
>         AllowOverwrite on
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory ~>
>         <Limit STOR CWD>
>                 AllowAll
>         </Limit>
>         <Limit READ RMD DELE MKD>
>                 AllowAll
>         </Limit>
> </Directory>

I think if you research the following questions, you'll discover your own
answer.  If not, feel free to post again, but provide more details:
1) Is there anything in the FTP server's logs about this?  (look in
   /var/log)
2) Will the actual file permissions allow this (ls -l)
3) If #1 isn't helpful, increase ProFTP's logging verbosity and try again.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.