print-cdrom-packages.sh??

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Mon May 15 05:00:37 PDT 2006

Moving on with my automated installs, I want to build some additional
packages into the FTP area of my install server, which was seeded from
the 6.1-RELEASE ISOs.

The "FreeBSD Release Engineering for Third Party Software Packages"
document on the FreeBSD website says that the release-building process
uses a script called print-cdrom-packages.sh to produce the list of
packages to build. However, my source tree doesn't have this script, and
a look in CVS suggests that it's no longer in use, and hasn't been since
March 2005 (Revision 1.71, Mon Mar 21 19:19:24 2005 UTC - Retire
print-cdrom-packages.sh as it has been replaced.).

Is there any current documentation for how the package building process
is done? Or am I looking at the wrong URL?
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng-packages/article.html

Ultimately, I'll want to rebuild all the packages, so just getting the
few extras I need right now doesn't really help. I intend to use 'make
release' to keep a 6_RELENG install with fairly current packages
available for new servers, so I don't need to do so much rebuilding
immediately after a fresh install.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, or even any "don't do that, do this
instead"-type advice.

Howie