bcm4319 on amd64

raf ponsaerts raf.ponsaerts at unix.net
Sat May 13 14:44:06 PDT 2006

hi all,

I have a new laptop which runs on FreeBSD6.1beta-amd64 (Turion64
ML-34).

The only problem I have is getting the wireless interface up.

none3 at pci6:2:0: class=0x028000 card=0x1359103c chip=0x431914e4 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
vendor   = 'Broadcom Corporation'
class    = network

It seems to me I need a driver which supports bcm4319.
I read about the unwillingness of broadcom to support the development of
a native FreeBSD-driver.

I am aware of the "Evil project" and the "ndisgen" tool. So, I used WinXP drivers
(bcmwl5.inf, bcmwl5.sys) to build a module, which loads without any comment.

However, ifconfig does not show the wireless interface ...

When I take a look at the ndiswrapper-list, I see that such cards work on linux-amd64.

Does anyone know a way to get past this problem?
Does bcmwl5.inf needs some tweaking?

raf