libphp5.so not compiling for apache (was hello)

Jonathan Horne jhorne at dfwlp.com
Fri May 12 11:34:56 PDT 2006

> I `ve got a question about installing the php5 module.
> I`m installing it from the /usr/ports/www/php5-session port.
>
> Everything runs ok and it seems like the module is installed.
> There is only one problem, in the httpd.conf there is a LoadModule
> php5_module refering to libexec/apache/libphp5.so.
>
> The library libphp5.so is not made by the install and so my appache will
> not start with the php5 enabled.
>
> What is wrong and what can i do to let the install make the libphp5.so.
>
> Ok thanks in advance,
> Justin.

i was having the same issue yesterday.  take a look at the
/usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.  this was where my problem was, and tho i
didnt use the www/php5-session, i would make a bet that if you begin from
there with  no php5 installed at all, then it backs up and begins from
lang/php5, and then moves on from there.

the problem with my lang/php5/Makefile was, that this line was not
included (totally not there... not even there and commented out):

WITH_APACHE=    yes

once i added it, did a pkg_delete -r php5-5.1.4 (-r = recurse all
dependencies against this package), and started over, the lib file
compiled on the next attempt.

the port for php5-5.1.2 included that line, and therefor the lib file
compiled by default previously.  im not sure if the omission of
"WITH_APACHE=    yes" was by intention or not, but ill have to be sure to
check it for near future installs.

tht,
jonathan