Serial based install

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Fri May 12 11:15:24 PDT 2006

Hi guys.
How do I force the FreeBSD to do a serial port based install?
I'm installing on to a laptop, but want to control the install from a serial
port on another machine because I can not see the screen on the laptop.
I tried modifying the boot.flp image and putting a file called boot.conf
with the following line in it:
/boot/loader -h
This didn't seem to work?
Am I modifying the wrong image for this or should I modify one of the kernel
images?

Please advise what I should do next.

Thanks,
Tom