fsck way too slow

Andrea Venturoli ml.diespammer at netfence.it
Fri May 12 09:31:35 PDT 2006

Daniel Bye wrote:

> Yeah, I realise that.  I'm afraid I don't know why fsck should take so
> long on your disk.  Chuck suggested some things you might try, though.

Yeah, sorry, my fault. I intended to answer on the ml, but instead I
mailed him privately.

> It sounds to me like it might be failing hardware, but you need to try
> some diagnostics, and not take my word for it!

I had run other tests before, as well as what Chuck suggested: my drive
is not failing.

Also, fsck in multiuser mode takes 1/50 of what it needs at boot.

I've tried putting the thread back on the ml...

  bye & Thanks
	av.