php5 and mod_php5 for apache?

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Thu May 11 07:47:25 PDT 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 09:37, Jonathan Horne wrote:
> im scratching my head here, and kicking myself for not already having a
> better understanding about how things work during compile (i have 0% skill
> in any programming language... except *basic*html... which dont consider
> worthy of being called a skill *wink*)
>
> my production system, was recently reinstalled as 6.0-RELEASE, and cvsup'd
> to 6.1-RC (about 1 week or so before 6.1-RELEASE came out).  from ports, i
> installed apache 2.0 just fine, then php5 and php5-extensions, the same way
> i always do.  i even have my own documentation for the exact order i
> compile each port on every production and development system i build.  the
> php5 version listed in pkg_info on my production server says php5-5.1.2_1.
>
> now, my problem:
> i have a development system that i installed as 6.0-RELEASE, and cvsup'd to
> 6.1-STABLE.  exact same port installation order, apache 2.0, then php5,
> then php5-extensions.  the php5 version listed in pkg_info now says
> php5-5.1.4, and after compiling both ports, the libphp5.so line does not
> appear in httpd.conf, and libphp5.so cannot be found on the system (on my
> production system, both the actual file in /usr/libexec/apache2 and the
> line in httpd.conf appeared automatically).
>
> i cannot understand where i am going wrong here, can someone shed some
> light for me?
>
> thanks,
> jonathan

well, i guess i figured it out.  Makefile is not the same as previous
versions.

OPTIONS=	APACHE "Build Apache module" off

i changed it to on, and restarted my compile.  im kind of curious if this is
something that was intended, or did it slip through release management with
an improper configuration?

jonathan