limit bandwidth 'make fetch'

Philip Hallstrom freebsd at philip.pjkh.com
Wed May 10 19:41:42 PDT 2006

> how i can limit bandwidth when i using 'make fetch' (make install in Ports)?

I wrote a patch to fetch awhile back that does exactly this.  That was
with 4.x, but it might apply cleanly in 6.  I ended up not using it, well
cause once I had everything installed it didn't seem to matter so much.

http://www.pjkh.com/~philip/fetch/

Basically it adds a "-L" option that takes the b/s to throttle it at...

Then tweak um.. FETCH_ARGS or something close to that (man ports for info)
to get the ports to pick it up automatically.

-philip