New freebsd logo on freebsd.org

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Wed May 10 17:20:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 02:44:03PM +0000, Kep Woof wrote:
> >This is free software man, if you don't like it, fix it
> >yourself.
>
> What is the procedure to fix a logo?

use send-pr(1), of course!

Since we're talking about logos: when will the next time window
open for a new try? I humbly suggest using 'FreeBSD' (the text,
no graphics) as logo. The only parameter would be choosing the
right distinctive font (let's call it the FreeBSD-Font) for it.
Was that suggested back then? We used to have a 'FreeBSD' image
on the old website. Perhaps that should have been used as a logo?
ANYTHING would have been better than that current ugly sex-toy.

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/