New FreeBSD Logo

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed May 10 08:30:39 UTC 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 2:25 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> He became a mascot only after the 'new-logo' people
> started agitating for the sex-ball.  Prior to that all the
> literature referred to him as a logo, when the word logo was
> used.  (which wasn't often, but it was used)
>
> This is nothing more than an argument of appeasement and
> has been explained before in this forum, please quit insulting
> our intelligence.  We all know that Beastie's place as the
> logo has been supplanted, and your side won, and your crude
> attempt to explain away Beastie is insulting.  You won, be
> content with that.

Wow, Ted a top-poster!

A professional evaluation of "beastie" showed he was not a logo and
had served as a poor-one at that in his ersatz role as a wanna-be
logo.   (Note that I did not say that Beastie was poor but that he
had served as a poor logo based on professional criteria of what
makes a good logo).  Beastie has his place.

Chad