bad floppy disks

RW list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Tue May 9 00:12:08 UTC 2006

On Monday 08 May 2006 23:49, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> Just last night I was just trying to get three good floppies from a
> brand new package of 10 to install on a Fujitsu Lifebook with only a
> floppy and could not believe the failure rate.

I wonder if it might have more to do with the fact that these days the drives
themselves just sit there seizing-up and gathering dust for months on end. A
few months ago I bought a new floppy-drive just to flash a bios, the old
drive had become really unreliable even though it had scarcely been used.