Problem with cordless mouse/Keyboard combo set

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at gmail.com
Mon May 8 23:30:48 UTC 2006

 Stephanie Bridges <sbridges at iastate.edu> wrote:
> Do you have a /dev/ums0 (my usb mouse device)?
This exists only when my other mouse (the working one) is plugged in,
and I have no other /dev/ums* .

> Also, even when my mouse
> didn't really work, disconnecting/reconnecting the receiver from the usb
> port (moving to another or leaving in the same port) would generate log
> messages that the mouse was being recognized correctly.
Ok, when I reconnect it, it recognises as a keyboard and mouse set,
and creates two files: /dev/ukbd0 and /dev/uhid0 . It tells me the
following
May  9 09:06:01 dragon kernel: ukbd0: G-Tech CHINA USB Wireless Mouse
& KeyBoard V1.01, rev 2.00/0.20, addr 2, iclass 3/1
May  9 09:06:01 dragon kernel: kbd1 at ukbd0
May  9 09:06:01 dragon kernel: uhid0: G-Tech CHINA USB Wireless Mouse
& KeyBoard V1.01, rev 2.00/0.20, addr 2, iclass 3/1

--
Lennon Victor Cook
"He who receives an idea from me receives without lessening, as he who