md(4) rootfs mounted read only instead of rw on 6.1

ovidiu ovidiue at unixware.ro
Sun May 7 23:55:52 UTC 2006

Hello guys

I've wrote a script that create an cd bootable iso of a small base
filesystem, to boot from CD.
In FreeBSD 5.4 it worked ok, but I've moved to 6.1 release and here
after boot it mounts the root partition read only.

I don't understand why since: i've created with mdconfig -o noreadonly,
I have in fstab mounted md as rw, in rc.conf i have a variable to mount
root file sistem read write...

any ideea why is that happening in FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE ? (the problem
was also in 6.1-RC2)

best regards
ovidiu