ULE Scheduler and overall performance on 6.x - Wow

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Sun May 7 09:44:01 UTC 2006

Hi,

I decided to give the ULE scheduler a try  a while ago (April 28).
when I last built 6-STABLE

Anyhow it seems great.  I'm running a 2.4GHz Celeron with
512MB RAM and two 40GB, PATA disks.  Right now I'm running
both a GNOME and a KDE session, I've got Thunderbird and
Evolution open, Firefox is running and running well, and I'm
updating the my local copy of the FreeBSD repository.  Oh yeah,
I'm also running a DNS server, a Sendmail server, and SAMBA
I can't believe how responsive everything is on this low-end machine
I'm running.    Wow!  (And this with debugging turned on but no WITNESS
or INVARIANTS turned on)

Well time to rebuild the sources  :)

dwpc@ /home/duane>uname -a
FreeBSD dwpc.dwlabs.ca 6.1-RC FreeBSD 6.1-RC #0: Fri Apr 28 18:41:15 ADT
2006     duane at dwpc.dwlabs.ca:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DWPC-KERNEL  i386

Best Regards,

Duane Whitty
duane at greenmeadow.ca