GUI mail client recommendations ...

Peter petermatulis at yahoo.ca
Sun May 7 01:09:40 UTC 2006

--- "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> I've been using pine *forever* now and am finding it really hard to
> find a
> good GUI to replace it :(  Tried kmail, didn't like it ...
>
> Off the top of my head, the only thing(s) it needs to do is:
>
> multiple identities
> IMAP
> PGP
>
> As much as I hate admitting doing things under Windows, I have used
> Eudora
> in the past and like its interface, but, alas, there is no Eudora for
> Unix

I'm testing out sylpheed-claws[1].  It seems a little brittle at times
(preferences being lost, odd crashes) but I'm going to hang with it for
awhile.  It loads quickly and is good for usenet too.  Lots of
configuration possible (it even has options not visible via the GUI).

[1] http://claws.sylpheed.org/features.php