GUI mail client recommendations ...

albi albi at scii.nl
Sat May 6 23:44:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 6 May 2006 20:40:02 -0300 (ADT)
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:

> I've been using pine *forever* now and am finding it really hard to
> find a good GUI to replace it :(  Tried kmail, didn't like it ...
>
> Off the top of my head, the only thing(s) it needs to do is:
>
> multiple identities
> IMAP
> PGP
>
> As much as I hate admitting doing things under Windows, I have used
> Eudora in the past and like its interface, but, alas, there is no
> Eudora for Unix :(

mozilla-thunderbird, the gpg-part in thunderbird is nice imho, multiple
indentities are no problem except if you want to use different
smtp-servers for different identities, then you need to download an
extension to make that work properly

(i've tried eudora in Wine some years ago (not for myself), it would
start, but there were some problems, perhaps it works fine in Wine now)

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import