cvs

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri May 5 17:45:47 UTC 2006

I have been building a cvs structure for a bunch of code and have a
couple questions I have not been able to find answers to in the
archives/documentation.  When you run ident on many FreeBSD modules
you see the identifier "FreeBSD" used frequently.  It appears that
cvs is properly updating the information in those entries, but I
don't see how cvs is configured to make that happen.  FreeBSD is not
one of the cvs recognized keywords.  I would like to use a unique
keyword for my stuff.  ident finds it fine in the files, but cvs does
not update the version information.  I suspect that somehow I need to
tell cvs about the keyword.

Also, in the process of going through all the source to put into cvs
I found a number of modules that are no longer in use.  cvs remove
deletes them from the cvs archive.  However, occasionally I need
something that is no longer in use and would like to be able to save
deleted modules somwhere in cvs.  I don't want them to be returned in
a normal checkout but would like them to be available somehow.