lint not working

Richard Danter richard.danter at ntlworld.com
Fri May 5 14:51:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I would like to try using lint to test some code I am working on but I
get the following error whenever I run it on any C file:

  lint: cannot find llib-lc.ln

sure enough if I look in /usr/libdata/lint/ there are only
llib-lposix.ln  llib-lstdc.ln files in there.

Googling I found that I can generate the lint libraries if I set
WANT_LINT = yes in my make.conf, but that implies I need to re-build
everything in order to generate the lint libs. Is there a way to
generate and install them without re-building everything?

Thanks
Rich