file system full

Atom Powers atom.powers at gmail.com
Thu May 4 19:14:35 UTC 2006

`du -h / | grep "...M" '
will show you all files that are more than 1.0MB in size.

`find /var -type d | sed 's/.*/"&"/' | xargs du -sm | sort -g`
will do the same thing, but list them with the largest files last.

'df -h'
should show you free space, but does not always update immediatly. If
that large file doesn't exist in either of the above lists then you
shouldn't have a problem.

Consider moving your squid log to /usr/log/squid.log and symlinking it
to /var/log (assuming you have a large /usr partition)

On 5/4/06, Rodrigo Mufalani <rodrigo.pinto at mxm.com.br> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   My "/var" is fully 99%, because I create one tar.gz of the squid logs.
>
>   I was move for smbfs, then network die!!!
>
>   I try:
>
>   rm -rf file.tar.gz
>
>   and don't have more free space oon the file system.
>

>   Somebody help me?
>
> Att,
>
> Rodrigo Mufalani

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--