Semi-OT: responding to attempted breakins

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Wed May 3 21:44:11 UTC 2006

	As a result of installing new bits on my system, and paying
attention to old ones, I've noticed several attempted break-ins
which I currently believe have been unsucessful.
	As I have the appropriate log files, I'd like to contact the
administrators and ISPs for the systems involved.  Can someone
recommend a good response boilerplate - something that's concise,
informative, professional, friendly, and yet firm?

				Robert Huff