"dd" question

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed May 3 20:11:59 UTC 2006

I have a Windows machine that also has some linux partitions.  lilo
is the main boot manager.  Can I used dd from my freebsd box to
completely copy the whole disk, partition tables and all, to another
disk?  The disk in the machine is starting to appear to be a little
flaky and I have another of the same mechanisms here and would like
to just basically clone the whole thing over.  I seldom use the
machine but when I do need it I need it (tax time, an old website
that uses a specific windows tool for updating, etc)

Thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC