If you have a working DRI multi-head setup read this:

Alastair G. Hogge agh at tpg.com.au
Wed May 3 09:45:14 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 18:00, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> Do you have a multi-head setup, does DRI/DRM work? If it works report
> your setup, if you can confirm it doesn't work post that too!
I don't have a multi-head setup and DRI also doesn't work

> Let me lead the way:
> drm0: AGP <ATI Radeon QL R200 8500 LE>
> drm1: PCI <ATI Radeon QY RV100 7000/VE>
> drm2: PCI <ATI Radeon QY RV100 7000/VE>
drm0: <ATI Radeon QY RV100 7000/VE>
Does not work with DRI enabled in my X.org config under an AMD64 or a i386
system.

> DRI broken, hardlocks system when you start X, It has something to do
> with the Radeon 7000 cards becouse DRI was working fine when I only
> had the Radeon 8500 card installed.
Found the same thing also.

> My motive here is to find a cheap (<= $150) triple-head setup that DRI
> works with... I don't feel like wasting another $150 bucks on video
> cards only to find out DRI is still broken!!!
All I wanted was cheap OpenGL support.

My original email to stable:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=84211+93096+/usr/local/www/db/text/2006/freebsd-stable/20060402.freebsd-stable