loose locale after upgrade from 5.4 to 6.1RC2

Eugene M. Minkovskii emin at mccme.ru
Wed May 3 06:01:19 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 08:15:06AM +0400, Eugene M. Minkovskii wrote:
" Hello.
"
" I'm cvsuped from FreeBSD 5.4 to 6.1 RC2 and loose my russian
" locale:( I can't type russian letters and many programs print
" some warnings about locale. But russian fonts are worked: When I
" go to other mashine through ssh, I see it.
"
" For example:
" svn report:
" svn: error: cannot set LC_ALL locale
" svn: error: environment variable LANG is ru_RU.KOI8-R
" svn: error: please check that your locale name is correct
"
" So, this is my locale:
" $ locale
" LANG=ru_RU.KOI8-R
" LC_CTYPE="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_COLLATE="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_TIME="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_NUMERIC="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_MONETARY="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_MESSAGES="ru_RU.KOI8-R"
" LC_ALL=
"
" (Same I see on old worked mashine). This is fragment of my rc.conf:
" font8x14="cp866-8x14"
" font8x16="cp866b-8x16"
" font8x8="cp866-8x8"
" scrnmap="koi8-r2cp866"
" keymap="ru.koi8-r.win.winkey.kbd"
"
" (Last line is my own keymap, when I set system keymap through
" sysinstall, I can't type in russian too --- same effect)
"
" environment I set by user class and /etc/login.conf. User has
" russian class, and in login conf we see:
"
" #
" # Russian Users Accounts. Setup proper environment variables.
" #
" russian|Russian Users Accounts:\
"         :charset=KOI8-R:\
"         :lang=ru_RU.KOI8-R:\
"         :tc=default:
"
"
" --
" Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
" Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский

I solve the problem:
after cvsup from 5.4 to 6.x and rebuild the world, we MUST
recompile many ports including bash.