Getting xmms to use glib-2

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Tue May 2 21:38:53 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:
> Cheers Svein - tried audacious but couldn;t get sound output to work at all.
> esound and/or oss . realplayer  would play the same file just fine (mp3)

Sorry, but I can't help you. It works here.
I don't know the code base, so I can only suggest the standard
troubleshooting techniques: To check wheter or not the dsp device is
opened, monitoring your esound server, etc.

About the plugins-question: I'm not sure, but I don't think you can
use precompiled xmms-plugins with Audacious, but most probably just
needs to be recompiled against the new library, with little or no
changes to the source code at all. Also, most plugins are already
ported to Audacious and are included in a vanilla install, like all
the standard input and output plugins.

> Also tried xmms2 and several of their clients, but they seem to be very early
> in their development stages. I'll be using mplayer for now...

Fair enough, most do indeed seem a bit immature.
Whatever you use, I hope it meets your needs.

Svein Halvor