outlook express be routed through sendmail

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue May 2 17:44:26 UTC 2006

dharam paul wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to to implement mails sent from my network from
> outlook express be routed through sendmail to their
> destined address.
> Come pointers please!
>
> Thanks in advance.

Well, how are they being routed at the present time?  Sendmail is an
SMTP server (MTA-Mail Transport Agent).  "Outlook Express" is a personal
email client (MUA-Mail User Agent).

By setting the "Outlook Express" parameters to point to the Sendmail
server as the "SMTP server" (IIRC, "OE" says "outgoing server" or
something similar), you *would* be routing "through Sendmail".

Or have I somehow misunderstood your question?

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
New Year's Eve is the time of year when a man most feels his
age, and his wife most often reminds him to act it.