Kernel not compiling

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Mon May 1 21:48:58 UTC 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 14:38:37 -0700
"Steve Davidson" <stevedav at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I recently installed FreeBSD 6_0 and after building a custom kernel it
> failed to compile. I saved the output from make kernel
> KERNCONF=CUSTOMKERNELbut it is so long I wasn't sure if posting here
> was such a good idea.
> Forgive as I am relatively new to FreeBSD, should I be posting to a
> different list? The only error I see from the output is "error type 1". Any
> help or a point in the right direction would be most appreciated

This is the right list.  Generally, posting the last 100 lines or so
of the output will be enough for people to help you.  If folks need
more information, they'll ask you for it.  I recommend using the
script(1) command to capture everything, then truncated to to just
the last 100 lines or so when you email it.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.