The packages in FreeBSD

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Mar 31 16:44:00 UTC 2006

retrograd wrote:

>Hello!
> Does the package openldap with mysql backend exist or I need to compile it myself from a source?
>Best regards, Maxim

#cd /usr/ports && make search name=openldap | grep server

Port:   openldap-sasl-server-2.2.30
Info:   Open source LDAP server implementation

# cd net/openldap23-server && grep -i sql Makefile

                ODBC "With SQL backend" off \
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-sql=${BACKEND_ENABLE}
PLIST_SUB+=             BACK_SQL=${BACKEND_PLIST}
PLIST_SUB+=             BACK_SQL="@comment "

So, it looks as if you will perhaps be using an ODBC
driver to use the server with any of a number of SQL backends.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--
The door is the key.