Thunderbird and Firefox dead after portupgrade

Micah micahjon at ywave.com
Fri Mar 31 15:38:33 UTC 2006

Wee-Sern Soo wrote:
> http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.0.1.html#issues
>
> It's a known issue.  Need to run as privileged user on all platforms,
> the first time.
>

> Yuan Jue wrote the following on 31/03/2006 4:46 PM:
>> On Friday 31 March 2006 09:18, Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
>>
>>> This happened to me also, until I remembered this has happened before
>>> and what to try.
>>>
>>> Login as root, start the GUI (mine is KDE), open a terminal program and
>>> start firefox from there. After that, I had no problems. It's working
>>> fine.
>>>

>> works for me too. many thanks :)

A workaround that the port could use is given on that page....

"If Firefox 1.5.0.1 is installed on a multi-user system in a location
which is not writable by users, Firefox must be run once by a privileged
user. If this is not desirable, an empty file must be created in the
following directory:
<install-directory>/extensions/talkback at mozilla.org/chrome.manifest"

Later,
Micah