repeated ssh login attempts/failure/break-in attempts from kiddy script

Pat Maddox pergesu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 13:44:54 UTC 2006

Disable password-based logins (use keys instead), move SSH to another
port, or install some kind of brute force monitor.  First two options
are the best, but if for some reason you need to keep it on 22 and
password-based logins then look to a BF monitor.  Just make sure you
actually need it..and do some googling, as this gets talked about a
lot (I know, because I asked the same question a few months ago! :)

Pat