Soekris Net4801 performance

johnryan_852 at iprimus.com.au johnryan_852 at iprimus.com.au
Thu Mar 30 11:32:49 UTC 2006

Thanks for all the excellent replies to this question.
Dinesh's answer looks like exactly what I'm experiencing.
Unfortunately I can't use FreeBSD 4, because I don't think FASTIPSEC with
the HiFn card is supported there.
I tried with OpenBSD 3.8 and got similar performance to FreeBSD.
I might try NetBSD in the weekend, someone mentioned that, and it's probably
a good idea.
Oh well, at the moment we've only got a 2Mbit link anyway, so they should
suffice for a couple of years.

Regards
John Ryan