Shell ( csh, sh ) scripting and seq-command

usleepless at gmail.com usleepless at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 17:53:12 UTC 2006

Dear List,

i have prototyped a subset of the linux seq command in php ( ouch, yes. ). why?

i don't know how to do it in any shell-script. i have been reading
man-pages, searching google, but years later, i still can't do a thing
in them. maybe it is my blindspot. here it goes ( without the tags etc
):

#!/usr/local/bin/php
<?php
        // 2 pars: $1 = start $2 = end ( $0 is exe-path, right? )
        if($argc == 2 + 1)
        {
                for($i=$argv[1]; $i<=$argv[2]; $i++)
                        echo "$i\n";
        }

        // 3 pars: $1 = start $2 = step $3 = end
        if($argc == 3 + 1)
        {
                for($i=$argv[1]; $i<=$argv[3]; $i+=$argv[2])
                        echo "$i\n";
        }
?>

i would appreciate any implementations in csh, sh or bash or whatever.
maybe i will learn.

csh or sh would be the most interesting though. this code is trivial
to implement in C, that is not my problem.

regards,

usleep