Soekris Net4801 performance

wc_fbsd at xxiii.com wc_fbsd at xxiii.com
Wed Mar 29 16:34:20 UTC 2006

At 10:19 AM 3/29/2006, johnryan_852 at iprimus.com.au wrote:
>Hi, I've just bought 2 soekris net4801-60 boxes and am having
>trouble getting them to perform under FreeBSD.  They are on a
>100Mbit network and the network works fine for other machines

I've had trouble in the past with NICs using the "Ethernet
autoselect" option.  Check "man sis" to see how to set it manually,
and try disabling full-duplex.  Might also try ftp-ing via localhost,
if that's fast, there's a good chance the problem is in the sis0
adapter and not the IP stack or OS.

I'm curious to try to Soekris boxes myself;  let us know what you
figure out,  please.

    -Wayne